So Much To Say…

Man, there’s always so much to say and no time to say it in, it seems.

This past week was my Spring break and what a week ha ha. I’m glad it’s over…not the Spring break part, but everything else that happened wasn’t that great, well most of what else happened anyway.

Let’s see…where to start…first off my boyfriend had a cold when we headed down home for the break and then I caught the cold and then we were both sick with colds for a while. Then we hung out together, with some of his friends and with my family and had fun for the first few days we were down home for break.

After a few days, I headed out with family for a little trip to Southern Utah for a few days and that was alright for the first day or two, but then it sucked cause I was getting better from my cold and caught the really nasty flu mentioned in the previous post. So, on Tuesday, my family and I headed off on the trip and stopped to drop the birthday package off for my oldest bdaughter, who turned 4 on Wednesday, Mar. 14, and then we did a few things on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, we went out and hiked around a little, then went to the library and some museums etc. doing some family history searching kind of stuff. After that, we went to a Dinosaur track museum down in St. George and checked out some other things.

Also on Wednesday, which was my oldest bdaughter’s birthday, we had a few cupcakes and sang “Happy Birthday” and took some pictures etc. in honor of her birthday. Then we went out to dinner at a steak house and went driving around looking at the town at night for a little bit then went back to our hotel. We settled in and watched some movie on cable, which turned out to be really weird and kind of wacky and then headed to bed.

Well, Wednesday night, not long after I’d finally gone to bed and fallen asleep, I had some weird dreams about fighting with other people as to whether or not I was going to be sick, then I woke up and had to run to the bathroom because I was sick. So, then for a while Wednesday night, I was sick in the bathroom and then I thought I was done being sick so I went back to bed and thought/hoped I’d be fine in the morning.

Thursday morning, I got up, feeling kind of icky still so I didn’t eat much breakfast and tried to eat a little of things that would settle on an upset stomach. We got packed up to leave and head back that morning as was the plan and then we drove off planning to check out some more things before we headed home. We went to check out some of the hiking areas we’d been at before and then I started feeling worse so we went and got 7-up and crackers from the store and a little bucket.

After a while, driving in the car, I had to switch from the backseat to the front and then I started doing better so we headed off to Zions to check out some places there. We went to Zions and I kept feeling better so we went around and did some little walks, took pictures and I just sat in the car for a while there too. Then when we were in the middle of one of the walks, I started feeling like I was going to be sick so we turned around and went back to the car. When we got back to the car, we were going to head up to go through a tunnel and look at a view, but I wasn’t doing good so we changed and headed straight home then.

On the way home, I started getting more sick and we kept having to stop at rest stops and it was the worst drive home of my life. Then finally we got home, I got settled on the couch and was able to get a little bit of liquid and food in me and then get to bed to sleep. On Friday, I woke up still feeling weird, but a little better so I worked on trying to get better and keep liquid and food done on Friday again, then I overdid it and had a relapse then had to go through a bunch of stuff again before I could start feeling/getting better again. Then when I woke up on Saturday, I was really weak and I’d come close to dehydration once or twice by then so my mom was really pushing liquids on me and then I started to finally make some real progress by Saturday afternoon and in the afternoon was when Cory showed up and helped me to finish making progress with getting better from that nasty flu bug.

Saturday night and Sunday were weak and kind of icky days still, but I’ve made a lot more progress and have been able to get a lot of my strength back now. I got to take care of things, pack, load up and head back up to our apartments by school with Cory on Sunday night so I’m doing much better now, but I’m still feeling not quite all back to normal, but mostly I’m back to my same old self now…finally – ack, I hate flus like that :p.

Anyway, that was my Spring break in a nutshell – sounds like tons of fun, doesn’t it – ha ha. I have more to say about my 4 yr old’s recent birthday and other things, but I’ll save that to write and put up with some of the pics I have of myself from that day.

I have other wandering thoughts I’d like to write on, but I think I’ll save them for another time in the next little while to write about here. I had thoughts about wondering about if there was or might have been any connection between my getting so sick and my 4 yr old’s birthday that Wednesday night…like connection between the emotional and physical or something…although it’s never done that before though, but it was a thought that passed through my mind once.

Also I had some thoughts about how love heals because of how much better I did and faster I seemed to start making progress and getting over that nasty flu once Cory was around and helping me. It also lead me to other thoughts of how love can heal wounds of different kinds as well as help heal from sickness and things.

I’ve also had some memories coming back to the surface recently of some things from my past that I’ve thought were kind of strange because I haven’t thought of them for so long and now suddenly, it seems, they’ve surfaced briefly again. It also happens to be around anniversary dates with these things from my past and I think some of them surfacing again has to do with how my life is now going in a new, different direction and how I’m going to be getting married this year and all.

It’s been an interesting week in a lot of ways and I’ve also had some interesting dreams to say the least lol.